Write, Woman, Write is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our members and visitors.
Write, Woman, Write is located in British Columbia, Canada and follows the rules and standards of the federally regulated Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
Collecting Personal Information
WriteWomanWrite.com may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register to become a member.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
- We will only use or disclose a member’s personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes which are clearly identified at the time of collection. Such as:
- To connect members who request an Accountability Partner
- We will not use or disclose a member’s personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so.
- We will never sell our membership list or our member’s personal information to other parties.
- The only situation where your information will be shared with a third party is where Write, Woman, Write is legally required to disclose it under the rules of PIPEDA.
Many of the links to books on Amazon will contain a cookie that will expire within within 24 hours of you clicking on the link. That cookie provides Write, Woman, Write with an affiliate code so if you purchase the item within 24 hours, we will receive a few pennies of commission for the referral.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies within your computer’s ‘Settings.’ Visit AboutCookies.org for more information.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect from you allows Write, Woman, Write to provide you with the level of membership you have chosen. This includes providing you with information:
- detailed in the list of membership benefits you signed-up to receive;
- that you request from Write, Woman, Write;
- about products and services from other sources that may be of interest to you as a writer’
- about the renewal status of your membership.
Securing Personal Information
- We are committed to ensuring the security of our member’s personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
- Only yourself and the WriteWomanWrite.com administrator(s) will have access to your personal account details. Access to the information is protected by a log-in that requires both User ID and a password.
- Our web host automatically updates the security on WriteWomanWrite.com with their regular updates. They have an industry-leading reputation for security of information on the sites they host.
Storage of Payment Details
- We do not collect credit card information. Please do not share payment information with Write, Woman, Write.
Third Party Links
- WriteWomanWrite.com regularly includes links to third parties. Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy.
Access to Personal Information
- As a member, you have a right to access your personal information, subject to limited exceptions as found in section 23 of the PIPA.
- A request to access personal information must be made by email and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought.
- Upon request, we will also tell members how we use their personal information and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable.
- We will make the requested information available within 30 business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
- A fee of $10 USD will be charged for providing access to personal information.
- If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify the member in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available to the member.
Questions and Complaints
- Donna Barker is responsible for ensuring WriteWomanWrite.com’s compliance with this policy and the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
- Members should direct complaints, concerns or questions regarding WriteWomanWrite.com’s compliance in writing. If Donna Barker is unable to resolve the concern, the member may also write to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia, Canada.
Write, Woman, Write
c/o Donna Barker
PO Box 116
Britannia Beach, BC V0N 1J0